I just finished the book "One Thousand Gifts," by Ann Voskamp. I couldn't not write something about it as this is the most life-changing book I have ever read in my almost 28 years other than the Bible itself.
She challenges you to start a list writing 1,000 gifts that God gives. It can be as simple as a bird singing, or your children laughing to seeing sunrises and sunsets. It makes you slow down to see life and to count each gift God gives you on a daily basis.
I tend to be a pessimistic person, oftentimes questioning if God really loves me. I also struggle with lots of fear and anxiety. Life gets so busy and hurried with 3 little ones at home and juggling homeschool and parenting and activities and the odd jobs I add in. I overlook the simple things. I'm always yearning for that perfect thing to come along and then I can be truly happy. You know the drill... there is something in us that always longs for more. We weren't made for this place. I am really just beginning to understand the depth but that secret longing we have is made to be filled with God. Nothing else will ever do it.
"How," Voskamp wondered, "do we find joy in the midst of deadlines, debt, drama, and daily duties? What does a life of gratitude look like when your days are gritty, long and sometimes dark? What is God providing in the here and now?"
I cannot say it enough how much living Eucharisteo is beginning to change me. Giving gratitutude for whatever we are going through truly does precede a miracle in our lives. I DARE you to watch these videos, get your own copy and live fully right where you are. You won't regret it!
To see more videos on the chapters or to purchase your copy go here...http://www.incourage.me/category/bloom or to wherever books are sold.
1 comment:
I'm part way through the book and loving it, Hannah = )
Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment