Friday, September 10, 2010

Outlive your Life

Out Live Your Life by Max Lucado

Max Lucado is one of the best authors... he is so good at making the Bible come alive and relevant for today. In his new book he talks about how the ordinary person can make a big difference. He challenges the Christians of today to live our the Bible in our own lives and serve others at every opportunity we get. He inspires you to do the extraordinary.

He takes you through the book of Acts to show how bible day Christians did challenge themselves and serve and step out of their comfort zones. This book was really an encouragement to me to get going. We don't have forever... but what we do here counts. At the end of the book he has a discussion guide for group study. What a great way to get geared up and be accountable to serve God. God has a higher calling on our lives. If we simply keep to ourselves and our little circle of those we feel comfortable with how can he use us? We must step out and reach out. These are critical times and we must change the world!

"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.'" Mathew 25:34-36 I received this book for free from Tommy Nelson Publishing as part of their book review program. I was not paid, and not required to write a positive review.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I gave you an award on my blog :) Check it out. You can post the award on your blog to show everyone.
-Victoria