Tuesday, September 21, 2010

This and That

These adorable little boys are Joel's cousins kids. They live in Nigeria where they are missionaries. The conditions they live in are way below our standards and really quite unbelievable. Joel's cousin Heidi and her husband Andy are home on furlough to have their 3rd child and will be returning back to Nigeria in 6 months. Seeing their pictures and hearing their stories is really incredible. I don't know how they do it....especially with children. Leif (far right) has been having medical issues and they have now discovered a tumor in his brain. These guys are amazing though and just trust God.
They are looking for more support so if you or your church would be interested please let me know and I can get details for you.

I also have a sister who is a missionary in Sweden right now but will be going to Uganda in January. She is also in need of support.

Even though God hasn't called me onto the mission field directly. He has called me to give generously to continue his work through others he has called. It is a high calling. Please pray for both my sister and this wonderful family the Kelloggs as they follow God into places that are unstable and unsafe.

You can follow my sister on her work here: http://www.hispoetry.blogspot.com/


In other news... life is busy.... homeschooling takes up several hours and then there is always baking, cleaning, laundry, oh yeah... I also have two other kids. :-)

Me and my children. Watch out for that one in the middle... he's a handful....at that exact moment he was probably figuring out how to either lunge for the camera or his sisters hair. :-)

My 3 amazing blessings. They are all growing in knowledge and stature. Too quickly by my standards. Abby is growing into a little lady. She has such a heart for God and helping people. She is thriving in our homeschool and loves the coop. She is enrolled in science, art, music, and basketball. She has also started Awana sparkies and loves it. She is my little social butterfly.
Emily too has been thriving. She loves living up here and each days asks where we get to go for the day. She sits in on homeschool with Abby and I and is learning a lot herself. She is in the Awana cubbies this year but won't go without me so I guess I am now in the cubbies room helping too.


Kenan is 8 months already. He is a busy boy. Always has to have something occupying his hands. He loves food and loves his sisters. Lately he is becoming a bit of a mama's boy. I can't put him down for too long. He has his 2 top and 2 bottom teeth in. He is a charmer and always smiling.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Oh my goodness....I can't believe how BIG your kids are getting! Glad to hear things are going well for all of you up in the northwoods = )

Leah said...

I.love.these.precious.little.ones.
Mmmmm. So happy they are growing so strong and so healthy and so precious!

Missie said...

Super cute! You sure make sure babies!