Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ministry

Wow- It's been awhile since I've been on.

I read this today and thought it did a great job of summing up the way I've been feeling.

“But if the discontent with your present situation is deep, recurrent, and lasting, and if that discontent grows in Bible-saturated soil, God may be calling you to a new work. If, in your discontent, you long to be holy, to walk pleasing to the Lord, and to magnify Christ with your one, brief life, then God may indeed be loosening your roots in order to transplant you to a place and a ministry where the deep spiritual ambitions of your soul can be satisfied.”

I keep feeling this stirring in my soul calling me onto something more. I don't know what it is yet or how it is going to manifest itself... but I feel it there... whispering me to more... to walk closer with my God... to live in a manner he sees pleasing, to make a difference in this very lost world.

What are some things you guys do to make a difference where you are? What sorts of ministry are you guys involved in?

1 comment:

Beth said...

my kids. my home. my husband. I've spent years being discontent and always looking for more and ready to move on to the next cause. it's right here though. right now. i am home. i understand your thoughts, heart, and feelings, Hannah. being home is HARD work and it's hard to keep perspective on eternity some days. keep on keeping on. what you're doing is meaningful- for eternity! If there is more God wants you to be doing as a family then I pray He shows you in obvious ways. love you!