In the book "What's He Really Thinking" by Paula Rinehart, we looked at how a man's mind truly works and what he longs for. One of her quotes really stuck with me, "God has given you eyes to see. And those eyes can be a man's most reliable mirror of who he is and who he can be." She discussed in length the power a woman holds in a mans life. How if she can just realize his full potential it gives him the strength to reach it. "A man longs for a few people in his life--most notably, the woman he loves-- to get what he's up against every day." "Being a woman who understands a man-- perhaps better than he understands himself--will allow you to see beyond his fears or defeats."
I found this book to be very eye-opening in several areas. I didn't realize how fully a man relies on the few women in his life to encourage him to be all that he can. Even though men act tough really they are very insecure and need to know they have our approval. I also am starting to fully realize what is my job in supporting him and what it means to be his help-meet. This book is a must read for every wife or even mom who is raising little boys. Not only does it teach you many things about men but it challenges you to raise up and be the woman God created you to be. "But men are another species, really. Men care about different things. They are motivated by different drives. Their hormones shape their brains in ways alien to our own. Men aren't women with big feet and beards. They are completely other.
Here is a question that Paula left us with; "At the end of your life, what would you want to be remembered for by the man you love?"
I received this book free from the publisher through the book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
1 comment:
That sounds like a very good book!!!
Post a Comment