As tomorrow approaches and with it the first day of school my stomach is a little tied up in knots as I wonder how this year will go. Training your child is no easy task and not something I take lightly. I feel a strong conviction that this is what I am to do and I don't want to fail. I want to make learning come alive for them and be very different than how it was for me. I want to impress a strong biblical worldview on their little lives and yet let them see the world for what it is so they know how to live in it. There are so many things to teach and so little time and so many distractions. I know with God's help I can do it. I know their lives will be stronger for it and their knowledge base will be wide. It's just tough to get started again. It's hard for me not to feel inadequate. I'm glad God is for me.
I have a great resource I am reading right now called "Honey for a Child's Heart" by Glady's Hunt. It is a book that talks about how important good books are in your child's life and then she goes on to break it up into age groups and list a whole bunch of books you should be reading or have your child reading. I love to read and hope to foster that into my children as well. Their daddy does not so hopefully we can get him into it also.
Anyway... That is how I am feeling on this day before it begins. So much to do today. I have homemade yogurt to make, laundry soap to make, bread to make, celery and tomatoes to process from the garden and Awana starts tonight. The girls are so thrilled. Speaking of the girls they just got out of bed so we are off to get lost in a chapter of Little House.
1 comment:
I am sure you will be excellent!
Post a Comment