Friday, April 13, 2012

In other news

I broke my arm a month ago now. I was unloading my kids bikes out of the back of our truck and the tailgate popped open and out I fell. There have been some praises through it all though. Our church has been a huge blessing to us and has truly shown me what the hands and feet of Christ are like. We had 3 weeks of meals and random people stopping by to clean my house and see what we need help with. My oldest brother even stopped by several different times to help. I never thought I'd see that day. I feel so thankful for him and his wife!

I won't lie the night it happened I laid awake the whole night, partly from pain, and partly from fear. Fear of how to take care of my kids, change Kenan's diapers, cook food, clean. Just do life.
God saw fit to take care of every need right down to the nitty gritty. Once again it has been a huge lesson in faith and in letting go. Letting go of things I think need to happen and letting God show me what He wants to have happen. All in all it has been a wonderful experience for me. I never, ever thought I would say that about a broken arm but God has imprinted on my heart more truths of him. "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Hebrews 13:5 He showed me that verse quite literally in the last month.

During all this Abby got a concussion. It was quite scary when at 2 a.m. she woke up with a throbbing headache and threw up and had one pupil dilated and the other one not. I'm sure we were a site at the E.R. Me with my hot pink cast and Abby with a concussion. I hope we are done with our injuries now for awhile but I'm not going to fret one little bit about it because I know that no matter what happens God has us in His hands.

1 comment:

Missie said...

Glad that everyone was there to help! That is my favorite part of the church body, the support is amazing!