Thursday, May 10, 2012

Green Smoothies

Most of you who know me, know that I am kind of a health nut.  I'm not too fanatical but I do strive to do healthy eating for myself and my family.  No high fructose corn syrup, no food colorings, try to avoid genetically modified organisms (GMO's) etc..  Through my journey, and it is a journey, I come across things that work for us and will stick and other things that don't. 

Remember those green smoothies I've talked about.  It's a food that is going to always stay in our lives. It's whole food, nothing processed, and does wonders for detoxing your bodies and supporting your organs.  I do a mixture of spinach, kale, lettuce, collard greens, beets, carrots, cucumber, apple, orange, banana, strawberries, pineapple, blueberries.  Just whatever sounds good to me at the time and whatever I have on hand.  I have gone through several regular cheap blenders and finally decided to take a step and buy the vitamix.  It works awesome and can even grind wheat and make nut butters.  You can also make ice-cream or fruit sorbets in them as well as hot soups. Joel loves the ability to through some tomatoes in and some cream and some seasonings and have instant hot tomato soup.

 I decided to become an affiliate and I now get to offer the savings on to you guys.  You can have free shipping on any order just by ordering through my link.  If you've been on the fence about purchasing one I highly recommend one.  It works so much better than any blender I have ever tried.  My whole family now does a green smoothie a day with me which is a great way for my kids to get vegetables I would never be able to get them to eat. 

If you are interested in seeing them or purchasing one.. here is the link.

No comments: