Monday, June 1, 2009

Memory Verse

"As for me, I am in your hands; do with me whatever you think is good and right"
Jeremiah 26:14

I just came across this verse today and loved it. "Do with me what you think is good and right." What I love about that is we can always expect God to do what is good and right with us if we allow Him to. We can trust Him. He has shown himself over and over to be trustworthy to lead and guide. Look at the Israelites, Moses, Joshua, Ruth and Naomi, over and over again when people commit their lives to following He comes through. They were fearful and uncertain of what was next, like us right now, and yet good came out of everything they did.

I feel encouraged. Joel and I are in the midst of making some difficult choices about where we should be moving too and how we should be paying for it ect... Knowing baby #3 is underway is also playing a part because I know I don't want to be leaving a newborn to waitress if at all possible. So, we have all these things under careful thought and prayer. There is a care taking opportunity that has come along that although it isn't ideal (it has a very long commute for Joel and he hates commuting), it may just work so we are just wanting God to guide us and what he wants for us. I want him to do what is good and right with us. I just want to always stay in his will and not venture off into my own. Never again....

No comments: