Monday, June 15, 2009

Scripture verse

Mathew 6:34
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

In this day and age it is so easy to worry. I worry about our economy and what shape our world will be in 4 years. I worry about our health system, what we will and will not be allowed to teach concerning Jesus Christ. I worry if they will take away my right to homeschool, my right to go to the church of my choosing, my right to freedom. All these fears are something that could very much become real. In fact, they are looking more and more real all the time. Yet, they are not for today. My immediate things I need to focus on today are getting my kids fed, keeping them safe, playing with them, paying some bills, doing some light housecleaning, and that should be all I am worrying about today. I am really working on taking one day at a time and not worrying about anything until I have to for that day. If it doesn't affect me today than I choose not to think about it. This is a really good verse to keep us grounded in that! Whenever my mind starts to drift to worrying I am going to repeat this verse over and over. I hope it helps you too!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Dearest Hannah ~
God's Word reminds us in Philippians 4:6 that we're not supposed to worry about ANYTHING ~ not about the future or even about today! So cast ALL your worries onto God (1 Peter 5:7)~ He's in control and He's big enough to handle all of your (and my) problems = )
Love you ~ Aunt Deb <><