Monday, July 19, 2010

Blog Award

Missie from Thirsty gave me my first blog award today. Thank you so much Missie! If you haven't looked at her blog yet I encourage you to do so. She is a friend I have recently met up with again. We were good friends in middle school. She has a passion for the Lord and is pursuing him. Her blog is a constant encouragement.




The award has some instructions with what needs to be done with it from here.



1. Thank and link back to the person that gave you the award.



2. Share 7 things about your self.



3. Pass the award to 6 fellow bloggers that inspire you.



4. Let them know you gave them an award.





7 things about myself:

1. I long for a simpler life, one where I can raise our own food and live off the land, and while I'm at it, maybe sew some of our clothes.... :-)
2. I like to be very well-informed about everything before I make any decisions
3. Even though I have been a christian basically all my life, I'm still amazed that God died for me when I did nothing to deserve it. He loves me, even when I am unlovely, he cares for me when I am too selfish to care for others. God is so amazing!
4. I love being a wife and mother with my whole being. Not a day goes by I don't thank God for making me both.
5. I'm striving to become a women of Godly character-- one with a gentle and quiet spirit. I want to raise my little girls right.
6. I start homeschool in the fall with my little Abigail-- I look forward to it and dread it all at once. I believe for us it is best because I want to guide and teach my little ones. I want to direct their socialization and point their focus heavenward. Year by year... we'll take it as it comes.
7. I am really into politics and would love to work behind the scenes of a candidate I believe in, like Sarah Palin!





The 9 bloggers I pass this award onto is:



1. Leah at in the hands of the master poet
She is my sister and you should for sure read her blog. She follows God wherever he tells her to go and that is currently to Uganda. She has an amazing heart and I am so glad to call her my sister.



2. Beth at the stamper story
Beth is a friend I met shortly after moving to the cities... she is a super neat person who raises her children in the Lord and somehow manages to create all kinds of beautiful things in the midst of it all.



3. Kara at Delicious Ambiguity
Kara is an old friend from school who is now an at home mommy with soon to be 3 children. She is a sweetheart and it has been fun catching up with her through our blogs and also in real life off and on.



4. Danie at Living on Letters and the Lord
Danie is another sister-- my little brother married her. Danie is such an awesome person. She has a gentle and quiet spirit! I'm so glad she became my sister!



5. Lindsay at Our Lives---In a Nutshell
Lindsay and I haven't actually met in real life but I feel like I know her. She is a mommy to 3 and we seem to be on the same mindframe in life. I would love to one day get to meet her. Check out the amazing adorable things she makes to sell. Again.... I don't know where these busy mom's find the time.



6. Jenny at Lyla Jane
I met this mom through a very good friend. She is amazing. What she has had to go through with her little miracle Lyla Jane- no parent should have to. Watching the grace with which she handles it all and the Glory she gives to God has been such an inspiration in my own parenting.


I have several more fellow bloggers who inspire but they are all set to private so I guess it wouldn't do any good to send out a link for other people to try to look at them! :-)

2 comments:

Kara Scharrer said...

Awe, thank you, Hannah! You are too sweet. :) (By the way, I'm anxiously waiting to hear why you just had your last shift at Applebees!!!)

Deb said...

I wasn't aware that Danie is still blogging?

Looking forward to seeing you and your lovely family at the reception on Sat. = )