Thursday, February 9, 2012

Free

I read a post today at passionate homemaking that really resonated with my soul.

It was all about feeling guilty in our mothering and how we never measure up and we condemn ourselves. I'm there... everyday. I'm beginning to see a light.. something different than these thoughts and rules I can never measure up to. Something called Grace.

Here is an excerpt from it:
"My outbursts of anger were nailed to the cross before I even walked this earth. My fear of failure is a waste of my energy. He paid the greatest price for them. In order to experience true freedom from guilt, I must stop focusing on all that I need to do in order to become a better mother. I must first turn my gaze upon what He has already done for me.
The only way to become a better mom is to preach the gospel to myself every day. It’s not by behaving that makes me a better mom, it’s by believing- believing more deeply in what He has accomplished.

God doesn’t call me to be perfect. He calls me to embrace my standing before him, and to run in that freedom he has already granted to me! I am adored by Christ! I am redeemed! I am accepted!"


Go here to read the whole story

Grace is whispering to my diseased soul new thoughts. Thoughts that free me. Thoughts that affirm who I am in Christ. Thoughts of courage and not fear. Come grace come!

“Because Jesus was strong for me, I am free to be weak;
because Jesus won for me, I am free to lose;
because Jesus was someone, I am free to be no one;
because Jesus was extraordinary, I am free to be ordinary;
because Jesus succeeded for me, I am free to fail.” -Tullian Tchividjiant.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

Missie said...

That is great to hear...I have been struggling with the failures that I forgot that trying and believing is much more important