Monday, February 6, 2012

I have been tagged in a get to know you post from my cousin Veronica. So here it goes:

1. If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be? I love music and use it as my crutch to get through my day. There are so many amazing songs and artists that encourage my walk with the Lord. I'd have to cheat and make a mixed album and have some Jeremy Camp, Casting Crowns (who I get to see live next month), Kari Jobe, Barlow Girl, Steven Curtis Chapman among many more.

2. If you were a teacher, what subject would you teach? I am a teacher to my first grader currently, and next year I'll be adding in a kindergartner. My favorite subject to teach is history. It is so rich and I always learn new things.

3. What is your favorite Bible verse or quote? Lately I have been falling in love with so many verses as I learn to take captive my thoughts and align them truths from scripture. One of my favorites right now is, "For I am the Lord your God, who stirs up the sea, causing its waves to roar. My name is the Lord Almighty. I have put my words in y0ur mouth and hidden you safely within my hand. I set all the stars in space and established the earth. I am the one who says to you, "You are mine!" Isaiah 51:15-16

4. Why did you start your blog? I started my blog as a way to keep my sister who lives overseas current in our lives.

5. What is one book you think everyone should read (besides the Bible, because that's a given)? Again with the only one... there are too many to choose just one. I love Lysa Turkest she writes with such passion for God. Susie Larson is another great author, Angie Smith, Priscilla Shirer, Gary Chapman, the list goes on and on... I am a reader and constantly have 2-3 books going at the same time so I could give lists of what to read. I can't give just one though.

6. Favorite drink to get at Starbucks? Honestly don't know if I've ever been there. I like coffee drinks that are sweet. Just a hint of coffee and tons of sugar!

7. Would you rather it snow or rain? Rain. There is something so peaceful about rain dripping down the windows. Sometimes I just need a rainy day.

8. Advice that your mom gave you that you never forgot? After I had Abby and she was such a hard baby and I was having some post-partum stuff my mom told me to just enjoy. It is just a stage and it will go fast. If there is a stage you don't like just know it will be gone soon. If it is one you like, enjoy it because it too will be gone soon. I found that to be so true and comforting.

9. Most read website or blog (besides mine, of course . . . *wink, wink*)? A holy Experience

10. One thing you would tell your 13 year old self? It is the same thing I am still telling my 28 year old self... grow up.. life isn't about me. It's about Him.

11. What do you hope people will say about you after you die? I hope that they will say I tried my best to live my life for God and even in my shortcomings they could see him in the way I re-acted. I hope to be remembered as a great mom who encouraged her kids to go for their dreams and a supportive wife who stood behind her man at all times. I just hope to show Christ to a dying world and as I write this I realize how much I fall short of it.

Now it is your turn. Sara@ Just another Day, Leah@ In the Hands of the Master Poet, Kara@ Delicious Ambiguity, Beth@ The Stamper Story, Heidi at The Kruchowskis, and Lindsay at Our lives in a Nutshell

No comments: