Friday, January 27, 2012

Some answers

We have found out this week that Emily has lymes disease. In one way I feel very relieved to know what is finally going on, in another I feel really bad because this one is a hard one to get rid of, especially since it has been going on in her since she was 2 or before. At her 2nd birthday she started waking up screaming at night that her knees hurt. She was also diagnosed with a heart murmur and anemia at that time. She quit eating well. We couldn't get her to eat much at all for quite a long period. She still doesn't eat much actually. We had her tested for all kinds of things. We looked for leukemia and arthritis as well as some blood conditions. Everything was negative and the Dr. gave us a diagnosis of growing pains.

Through the years I have often felt worried for Emily. She is very pale and her eyes are sunk in with dark circles under. She is always tired and never wants to do much. She frequently has knee pains and ankle pains and recently her elbows hurt too. Always joints. Through the years I have brought her to our naturopathic doctor and he has treated her for some different things. Whenever she is on any of his medicines she doesn't wake up with knee pains at all. In fact, one time we went 6 mo. without it. Currently she is on some of this treatments again but this time she is having bad pains. All during the day and at night. I brought her back and he tested for lymes and said she has it. He then sent us to the hospital for blood work to finalize it all.

We started treatment yesterday and I am hopeful that we are going to get this fixed for her and I'll have a normal, energetic, pain-free little girl back. I can't even imagine what it must feel like for her. You hear adults who can't handle the pain and it makes their lives debilitating. My poor Emily and she has suffered for so long.

Thank-you to those of you who have been praying for her. If you could keep her in your prayers that we could lick this that would be great. We are trusting God and know this happened for a reason if nothing than to just grow our faith.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I remember you talking about the pain in her knees. Poor thing! I'm so happy to hear that you got a diagnosis and can now focus on getting her well. Keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers!!

Leah said...

Lord God, we are so so so so very thankful to have a diagnoses and a track for treatment. We love our Emmy so!