Today is memory verse day and I went to Beth Moore's blog to see hers and found out she is having a little get together at her home church in Houston next January for those of us who have been faithful with the memorizing and posting our verses on her blog. I am so thrilled. She wants it to be an intimate event so only those who truly did their homework can come. Joel has wanted to go to Texas for a long time and has actually been in correspondence with a dealership down there. If we aren't already there I may really try to make it to this. Travis will be there leading worship too! (Mom- we are going to have to plan our family trip around the Jan. 22-24 weekend).
My verse this week is from Isaiah 49:15-16
"Can a mother forget that baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me."
This verse really spoke to me. I mean, here is God, he is busy making sure the world keeps turning, and yet I am engraved on his palms. Ok, I am in awe here, and even more so that He related this to a nursing mom. I can tell you there is nothing more intimate and sweet and loving then my time spent nursing my babies. The love that pours out of me to them as we partake in this beautiful natural bond that God ordained is nothing short of miraculous. It is amazing. To think that he relates those feelings to the way he feels and takes care of us. Ah... It makes my heart melt. Through all my insecurities and anxieties I am able to rest in knowing that God will take care of me better than I do my own babies. (That has to be pretty darn good because I am very into my babies.) We are in good hands! I am in good hands, and that is enough motive for me to keep pressing on.
No comments:
Post a Comment