Today I was praying about that in my quiet time and asking God to just reaffirm his love for me. I needed my heart to feel what my brain knows. I have evidence all around of his love for me, my husband, my kids, my family, my relationships, my pregnancy ect.... Sometimes I just don't feel it though. After telling God all this I shut my prayer journal and opened my book Crazy Love by Francis Chan and began to read chapter 3. The whole chapter was about how much God loves me (and you). He used countless Bible verses and illustrations to show it.
I finished the chapter and just sat there in awe. That is the kind of God I serve. He is amazing! He is always there to calm my doubts. I asked for affirmation and immediatly got it. It isn't always that way. He doesn't always respond so quickly but when it came to me doubting his love for me he came through right away.
I just wanted you to know that God loves you too and he is waiting for ways to affirm it to you, just as he did for me. He wants us to love him and want to spend time with him. Just like as a parent loves their child, he loves us more. I know how much I love Abby and Emily. I love them so much it hurts! And yet, God, the God who made the heavens and the Earth, made every animal and plant and everything we see, loves us more than we could ever love our own. That is mind shattering, and so is He! I dare you to get to know him better and see what all he has planned. I can't wait to see what he has in store for me.
2 comments:
Hannah you are such an inspiration!
Love how He does that :)
And how great is that book?!?! So inspiring and convicting and life-changing. I wish everyone would read it...
Post a Comment