
Lately I think God is trying to teach me a thing or two about trust. Trust is a hard thing to learn. Sure, when you are little you trust your parents and most of the time you don't second guess any of their decisions or wonder if they are doing the right thing for you. As you age it is natural to question what is right for you and lean on yourself to figure it out. Sometimes in the looking to ourselves we forget to transfer trust over to God. When really it should just move from our earthly father to our heavenly one.
I have this verse going through my head,
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths.." Proverbs 3:5-6
Notice how it says all our heart. We are supposed to hold nothing back to worry about. It all goes to God. I love how it says not to depend on what we understand. I am just reminded of what a small picture I truly am able to see. God sees it all and knows exactly how to make each circumstance fit into the masterpiece of our lives. I also love how if we seek his will in all we do he WILL direct our paths. What a great promise we have to cling to and pray over for our lives.
When I really sink this truth to heart and realize that God wants what is best for me and promises me a future with hope (Jeremiah 29:11) I can truly trust him and not hold anything back in fear. As long as I am praying and committing my way to God and truly asking him what He wants for me to do.. He has promised to direct my paths. I am going to take him at his word and trust him! How about you?
1 comment:
I will join you and try too!!
Love you, Hannah.
Post a Comment