Thursday, September 20, 2007

Prayer

Most of you know that I have been dealing with some weird health issues and have been undergoing lots of tests. I just found out that I have been diagnosed with Graves Disease. I don't know what all it entails yet but I know having more kids will be hard if we even can. I also could be getting a serious eye disease. My eyes have been funny since pregnancy and I have gone to the eye doctor and they have no explanation. Finding out I have Graves disease though does explain it. There is oftentimes an eye disease that accompanies it where your eyes actually pop out of thier socket. So far I have been having blurred vision and a grainy feeling and dry eyes which are all beginning signs of it. We don't know how extensive this is yet. We are praying it is a mild case of Graves and not a serious one. I will be going into an endocrinolgist to have a thyroid scan and a brain scan to check on my pituatary. I have been having unexplained dizziness and nausea that may all be related to the pituatary.
Thank you for your prayers and I will keep you updated.

3 comments:

Kara Scharrer said...

Hannah, I will be praying for you. I'm so sorry about this. I know nothing about Graves Disease. Keep us all updated.

Beth said...

We just got back from vacation, so i hadn't seen this post. I'm sorry Hannah. We're praying for you. Please call if you need to.

Hannah said...

Thank you Kara and Beth-- Your prayers mean alot. It is all kind of scary right now. I just have to believe God has my best in his plans.