Saturday, November 3, 2007

Thoughts

I have done some research on Zoloft and have decided to hold off on it for now. They say it is safe for breastfeeding but really it is an unknown as the studies done have not been extensive. I just don't want to risk Emily's health. Since it is an antidepressent who knows what it could be refiguring in her brain to make her more susceptible to depression or who knows what. I am just not willing to take that risk. If the headaches don't improve soon I will just have to quit breastfeeding. I have read how to naturally improve my seratonin levels and working out is a big one, so is eating squash, sweet potatoes, whole grains, oats, and barley. Also, drinking whey protein once a day is supposed to significantly improve it. I have started all those things today. Also sex is supposed to help it as is gossipp-- interesting!!, and mediatiation or prayer time, and playing music that is calming. I just wanted to write out my thoughts on the whole thing. I am just going to try what I can and see if it helps. I read that pregnancy and all the hormones can be a headache trigger for after the baby comes so that is obviously what happened to me. This whole pregnancy just wasn't easy, from my appendix to my postpartum thyroidsm to my headaches and all day nausea. It has been a long haul but I am positive it will get better.

No comments: