Abby has asked Jesus into her heart!!!
I have been asking her little questions to see how much she really understands and she never wanted to ask Jesus into her heart. Her reply to me asking her if she wanted to was- "no mom, I'm too little to have Jesus in my heart." It is so cute how literally they take everything. This was several months ago that this conversation took place.
I am going to a Power of a Praying Parent Bible study and through that I have really been praying for Abby's salvation and just the understanding of Jesus and what he did for us. I didn't expect for this to happen so soon though. I have just been praying when she is ready she will come and talk to me about it and I will have the right words for her.
It so happens that yesterday 1/11/08 Joel and I were gone on a date and Leah was here babysitting the girls. Abby kept asking her questions about Heaven and how she can go there herself so Leah told her she has to ask Jesus to be her friend forever ect... She then thought that she would lead Abby in prayer and Abby just started praying out loud herself and asked Jesus.
How precious. I wish I could have been here for it but I am just so happy that she choose to do it. This is the first step in her long life with God. Now I just have to continually pray for understanding and a heart that loves God and desires God, that she might never stray from her first love!
Joel and I are so proud of our little Abby. She is one amazing little girl!
2 comments:
That's wonderful! I dont know how you teach such a small child to know and accept Jesus but BRAVO! You know I am more spiritual than religious but Im working on explaining Jesus to Alex. Wish me luck! :)
I will be praying for you that he understands. Jesus has just always been a part of us. He is the air we breathe so she has always heard us speak of him and try in all we do to live for him. We are not always the best example but we even tell her when we mess up how it makes Jesus sad. We also take her to church and she is in Sunday School and Awana. She has really had a lot of Him in her life. Otherwise it maybe wouldn't happen so young. Just keep talking about Him to Alex and showing him with your own life. I'll be praying for you!
Post a Comment