I don't know what is going on with my precious little 2 year old but 2 months ago we brough her to the dr. for her first rounds of DTaP and he tested her iron and we found out she was anemic. He also found a heart murmur. She has never had a heart murmur. She has been really difficult to get to eat things in the last several months so I guess the anemia doesn't suprise me but the heart murmur does. She has one more very disturbing thing that she has been doing for about 4 months now. She wakes up at night screaming that her knee hurts, or her ankle, or her foot, or her elbow. Always joints. Normally she screams uncontrollably for a little bit and then is just over it. Well, lastnight she was up from 1 until 4 crying about her knees hurting. Joel said she was up twice before 1 crying about it too. ( I didn't get home from work until 1). She also complains about her stomach hurting a lot. Sometimes she will take 1 bite of food and then say her bummy (tummy) hurts and she won't eat anything more. What is wrong with her. The dr. of course doesn't do anything but I am getting worried and want to have her thoroughly checked out. Does anyone have suggestions?
I want to help this sweet child! I want her to be herself! She is just soo precious to me!
3 comments:
Oh, I hope they find out what is wrong. Maybe if you can get the iron down, she will feel better.
She is so precious!
Hannah -
* Maida had low iron at her last appointment,too. My advice for that (which seems easy, but can be difficult with toddlers): try to feed her foods high in iron. That seemed to help Maida's low mood, that accompanied the low iron.
* My advice for everything else is to find a doctor that WILL do something. There is nothing I hate more than doctors that just brush off the situation. I dealt with a couple of those with Maida's rash. I doctor hopped until I found one that would help in a way that was like he was helping his own child.
Good luck. Keep us updated. We'll keep you in our prayers.
Oh, my Emmy!!!!
Know that my prayers are joining yours :( Someone give us some answers, please!!!!
I miss her :(
Post a Comment