It's that time of year again. Time to reflect on what was good and what wasn't so good about last year and try to improve. Every year I tell myself I have to try harder. I have to eat better, lose the weight, yell at my kids less, be more involved... the list goes on and on. Each year starts with a promise and ends in discouragment when once again I fail.
This year there is a glimmer of promise. God has allowed for me to become broken in many ways this year that I might turn to him and trust him and take my hands off the wheel. Through this process, and I'm very much still in the thick of it, I am learning I can do nothing.. trying harder won't get me anywhere.. I will fail. It's not through my strength but through His that any healthy and good change can be made in my life.
So this year I am praying to crave the fruits and veggies that my body so badly needs, I'm praying to keep my mouth shut more and let his spirit convict, I'm praying for him to show me where my priorities need to be and put up boundaries in all other areas so I'm not worn-out and I can be the best I can for where He needs me.
I read a really good post here, about how to trust God for your changes instead of yourself.
Happy New Year everyone! I pray that we can move beyond our fears of not being able to change to instead giving them to God and allowing Him to change us into what He wants us to become. That is where we will truly be free.
3 comments:
Awesome, Hannah. I'll be with you on the journey! Love you!
Not sure how you can be any more "involved" in things! :) I liked this post a lot, thank you for writing it. I hope to see you guys more this year too!
I wish my Grandma was still alive, I'd be up every month!
Hi sweet cousin! Sooo....I am passing a blog award on to you :) It is the Liebster award and is a German word meaning dearest, beloved, favorite! When you have a chance, check out my blog post today, and it explains a little more about the award. http://adventuresofdandv.blogspot.com/2012/01/adventures-in-blogging.html
Post a Comment