my mom called me yesterday and told me that she and my dad had to come down to the cities and they would be coming by my place around 5 or 6. They said they just wanted to stop in and see the girls which is a fairly normal thing for them to do so I didn't think much about it. They showed up late-- close to 7 and I went to get the door and there was Leah. I was shocked. I don't think I processed it right away. I just stood there with my mouth open. We didn't think we would get to see her again until August at the earliest. She wanted to come home for Christmas but decided she needed to be raising money for her missions placement and not spending it to come home. My parents ended up having this be her Christmas present and they flew her home with my little brother Jonah chipping in some. It is soo awesome. Abby came running to the door and gave Leah and huge hug and kept saying, "auntie Leah- you are here at my house and not in England. You flew over the ocean, you are here with me." It was so adorable. It showed how much she has missed her. With knowledge way beyond her years she told Leah that, "you have to go back to England soon." She just knew that Leah will be going back. They ended up spending the night here lastnight so they could watch my girls while I had my catscan done. Then when I got back they left right away. I feel like I have hardly seen Leah yet. Lastnight Joel and I had papers to deliver so I missed out. We aren't going up there until Sat. and that is going to be Christmas with Joel's side but I will be staying at my parents from Sat. night until the following Sunday. I can't wait. Leah and I are going to meet in St. Cloud on Thursday and she is going to take Abby home until we come on Sat. Abby is so excited. She wanted to go home wiht them today and told them, "you can't leave me here by myself." She was really bummed when they left.

Auntie Leah with her neices who she hasn't seen for 4 1/2 months. This is her first Christmas ever with one of my kids. She has been gone the last 3 years. This year will finally really feel like Christmas to have her home at mom and dad's too.

Leah and Abby

My dad watched the football game and Abby sat with him for a long time and watched. Whenever my dad would yell "Yeah" She would yell too. My dad just had to have knee surgery for a tumor in his knee last wed. so he is in a leg cast and Abby was very worried. She kept saying "you ok Granpa?"

Eating dinner

Leah kissing her now much more grown up Emily

1 comment:
Wow, you and your sister look alot alike! I got teary as I read this entry (I still have a wild amount of hormones going on right now). I could feel your emotions and how happy you are to have her home. Have a wonderful time up north with your family all together!
Post a Comment