Monday, January 12, 2009

Thoughts

Have you ever thought you have life all figured out? It is all just so plain as day in black and white. I have really been finding lately that it isn't quite so black and white as I once thought. Don't get me wrong there is a wrong and a right and there are consequences for living in the wrong. There is just a little more gray then I once knew.
Watching other peoples lives it is always easy to say, "that is wrong and I would never do that." Being there yourself is a whole other story. You never know the whole situation behind the decisions so you never really know the heart and the motives, unless it is happening to you.
Joel and I have found ourselves facing a situation we never dreamed we would and we are trying to make the decision that entails the lesser of two evils. I ask for prayers as we face this and try to make some sense of the whole situation and seek Godly wisdom.
God is in control and for that I am so grateful. I know everything is going to turn out just fine. Right now it is just getting from step A to step B that is tripping us up.
Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'll say a prayer for you and Joel tonight. With the recent tragedy in my family, it put a lot of things into perspective. Ive come to really realize that we arent meant to know what God's plan is for us, we are only meant to have faith that there is a plan. I know that you do and you're in good hands!

Sara said...

Life is so full of twists and turns...and so far, I love not knowing what comes next! :)

Kara Scharrer said...

I'm saying lots and lots of prayers for you! If you ever need to talk to someone to bounce ideas off of, or just hear yourself say different options, or just get some stress off your chest, call me! After I have Skogen, I'm sure I'll have a few days of just sitting in a hospital bed, so call anytime! :) We are thinking of you.

Hannah said...

Thanks guys- I really appreciate the prayers and the offers of help.
Kara you can call me anytime. I would always love to chat with you. I am especially going to want to hear all about Skogen!