Tuesday, May 4, 2010

intentional living

I have been challenged.....

Challenged to make every moment in my day count, to not just wait for the kids questions about God and Christianity but to bring about those moments. I've been challenged to be the kind of mom that raises children to love Jesus by seeing it first hand in the way we live. Life is far too precious to not make the most of every moment. I've been challenged to be the kind of wife that my husband needs and not change him to be the husband I need.

I also am coming to the realization that I want to be perfect and I have been expecting perfection for myself and my children, (insert chuckle), we all know that is impossible. I am asking God to help me live up to the best I can be and not settle for mediocrity but also not to be unreal and have deeper motives than I can handle.

I strongly suggest reading a book called Strong Women Soft Hearts, A women's guide to cultivating a wise heart and a passionate life, by Paula Rinehart. I am reading it for a book club right now and I am only a few chapters in and already I am learning so much truth. It is a great book. What I am really loving about the book is that it allows you to dream and talks about why those dreams were planted in your soul to begin with. It is really encouraging.

Life gets so dull at times and busy and you think you just have to push off what you truly want and get through the day. That is a lie the devil feeds us, our deepest dreams and desires are what God planted in, (as long as they are in line with scripture.) For example, my deepest desire is to be a woman with a soft and passionate demeanor - someone who exemplifies Christ in all I do- I would like to get into ministry- something having to do with counseling....anyway- it is a deep desire and I am far from it and right now I have pushed it away- at least the counseling bit- as I am raising my young family but I am starting to wonder if I am supposed to be doing more than just raising my children.?

There are so many needs out there- I have really felt a burden on my heart lately for volunteering at the Crisis Pregnancy Center. I definitely know firsthand what bringing life into this world is about and the immense joy it brings and I would love to make a difference in other women to choose life.....
In reality- that is what all of us have to do. We have to daily choose life-- we can choose to just get through it, or we can choose to make the most of it and life as effectively as we can.

Which will you choose today?

1 comment:

Missie said...

I have really come to learn how important our moments are. My mom remarried a man named Gary and he passed away almost two years ago. He was only 53. It was really hard, but we knew he was going to God. It was so quick and then we had to say goodbye...we are like mist here!
Thanks for the reminder! It is so fun to be back in touch with you!