Time just gets away from me over and over again. There are always so many things vying for my time. Sometimes I feel there are so many roles I play.
As a mother of 3- I have someone always in need....need to be fed, put to sleep, wiped, read a book, snuggles, played with, ect....
I'm also a wife so I have all the jobs associated with that- care for my husband's needs, cook, talk, bills, time spent shoulder to shoulder with him, ect....
As a friend the needs are different- it's more of a listening ear and time spent together, companionship and someone to feel comfortable with... I am so thankful God gave us friendships.
I am a worker- right now doing lots of things....I'm a waitress and I try to be the best witness I can to some people who really need to know God.... Wildtree- which is a little different role but still takes up my time and thought power nonetheless......
Then there's still daughter, sister, auntie, granddaughter, niece, cousin....out of all these things the one that I should be paying the most attention to often gets put to the bottom of the list.
Daughter... not just any daughter... but God's daughter. Shouldn't that define who I am more than everything else above... If that does define than that should be my priority. He trumps it all because He paid the price for me in blood. It is so hard to wrap my little mind around how great He loves me and how great of a sacrifice He made. How great He loves each and everyone of us. It is incomprehensible.
I am so blessed to have all the different roles that I do but I still struggle with spending the amount of time I should with God. As I pointed out above there are so many other hats I wear that it is just hard to find time to be a doting daughter... Coming from a family where my dad was a workaholic and never around it is hard for me to understand that God really wants to spend time with me and is sitting there waiting for me. I find it is hard to trust Him sometimes. I am learning to tell him this and trust Him with my misgivings and see what he shapes them into.
Now I'm off to find out how to add a few more hours into my day..... :-)
1 comment:
Im sorry I have been lacking on my role as a friend. I fell asleep and was afraid to call and feel stupid about it. Ive been exhausted lately. Hopefully I can see you all sometime soon!
Post a Comment