Monday, June 23, 2008

Happenings

This weekend was a busy weekend once again. I worked both Friday night and Sat. night. We played around the house on Saturday during the day. We rode bike, and swam in the pool and ran in the sprinkler.
Then on Sunday we went to the cities and went to the "U" (zoo) and just had a nice family day. The zoo was a blast. I was taken by suprise the way Emily acted. I thought Abby would be the one having all the fun but Emily was so great. She loved the monkeys. She just kept yelling to them and talking to them and wanting to touch them. It was great. She loved the lions too and kept saying, "yion." It was precious. It really was a great day.
The girls and I met my Grandma for a picnic in the park today. It is always so nice to see her. She has always been such a great grandma and I love that my kids get to know her too. Other than working this upcoming weekend we are just going to stay around the house and have a much quieter, peaceful weekend. The following weekend is already the 4th so we will be heading out of town for that. I can't believe we are already into the middle of summer. I don't want winter again.




Abby and Joel riding bike.
Abby in her pool. This is such a blast. They love having it on our deck and go out swimming 3-4 times a day. It is so nice.
Playing in the sprinkler
Emily doesn't like to be in the pool all the time so we fill this up for her and she loves to play in it.
Playing in the tent
The girls at the zoo
Daddy and Emily

Me and Emily on the carousel-- she loved it and wanted to ride her own horse. Before the ride started Abby chickened out and decided she didn't want to go on it. Meanwhile, Emily kept pointing at the horses and yelling. She couldn't wait to get on one.
Joel and Abby on the carousel
Crawling through a habitat
Playing in the water exhibit
Watching the fish. Emily kept pointing and yelling "ish-- ish" It was too cute.


Emily climbing through the tunnel. She kept doing it over and over again. She really does know her limitations though and wouldn't do things she shouldn't.



Great Grandma with the girls
Emily debating on whether she should brave it. She decided to play it safe and not get wet.
Still thinking about it
Abby waiting for one to shoot up at her
Grandma helping Emily

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily's face in that orange tunnel-- how cute is that?!

I love that Grandma met you there :) I miss her!!

I'm really missing you all with college gone and everything in limbo....

Love you.