Friday, April 3, 2009

Changes on the Horizon

I can feel the winds of change blowing my way. I really wish I liked change because ready or not here it comes....
Our house has received a good offer- I am sad and yet thankful! I love my house and my neighborhood and my neighbors but I don't love what it has meant for us the last several years. Pinching every penny still never to have enough, working opposite schedules of one another so our family time is sacrificed. You know it is bad when your 3 year old comes into your bedroom in the morning and says, "we are a family; dad, mom, me and Emily, right?"
We aren't sure where we are going or what we are doing but I am trusting God to direct us. He was totally in the selling of our home, it wasn't on the market for even a week. We are looking for an apartment or town home community to caretake at so if you hear of any good leads please let us know.
We also are contemplating an even bigger move. Joel has been talking to a dealership in Texas, yes, I said Texas, and now just needs to fly down there to see for himself if this is our next move in life. It would be extremely hard to be so far from all our family. I am just really at a point in life where I don't want to live for myself anymore but for God and what He wants. If it is His will for us to move than I am on board. We still have a lot of seeking to do so we make sure we are laying down our own wills and desires and truly doing what God desires.
Oh- and more change- Emily has been going potty on the potty and she also started off the night in her big girl bed last night. I can't believe my baby will be two on Tuesday. This precious time really does fly by way too quickly. It's just a reminder of how much I need to make each and every day count!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Yay Hannah! I've been praying for you guys and I'm so glad you could sell the house so quickly. So much stress will be relieved! I'll still be praying for you on where to move next. Exciting things sound like they are brewing. Yay for Emily being a big girl!

Kathryn said...

Im so happy to hear you got an offer on the house! Its such a horrible time to try and sell so thats awesome! Wow, Texas? Wow....You need to do whats best for you and your family. Thumbs up for Emily, thats great news. :)

Kara Scharrer said...

Hannah, we're praying for your family! When Erik was in Africa one summer, an African friend told him, "Jehovah Gireh," which means, "the Lord provides". I always think "Jehovah Gireh" when I'm going through a time like you are now. God knows what we need, where we need to be, and what needs to happen in our lives in order for us to get there. He definitely provides for us and I can see that He has provided for you guys already by selling your house in a week. Wow! Things will all come together. Please continue to keep us updated as things happen! We'll continue to send the prayers up.