Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Many things

I can't believe it. You know the little boy that I posted about who is very sick with a heart issue. They live here- in Minnesota- 20 miles from my house! I am in shock. I am already writing trying to find out how I can help. I have been feeling so badly like I want to help and do something for her. I feel like I have come to know her just by following her blog. I know it sounds crazy but we totally have kinship in Christ. I was just reading a bible passage in Galatians that tells us, " Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." We are to look out for one another and encourage one another.

Also, I have been doing a Beth Moore Bible Study called "Living Beyond Yourself," It has been a great study and I particularly loved these thoughts.

"How can we love the unlovely-not endure them, but love them? How can we genuinely desire the best, not for ourselves or our friends, but for our enemies? Love challenges us. It frightens us, and it embraces us. Ultimately only love can change us so that we become people who love."

These are all thoughts I have been dwelling on and working on in my own life. I am still learning how to love but I am learning from the best lover of all- Jesus Christ. It is quite a journey and one that I am going to be on for my whole life.

My bible verse is:
"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe..." Philippians 2:14-15

This verse really stood out for me as I am a complainer. I am not always one to see the bright side of things- ok,ok, I am never one to see the bright side. God is changing me though. I see rays poking through a lot more frequently. I have to continually pray for his vision and his attitude but he does give it. Like, right now for example, we are not in an ideal situation with our home. We are in the process of trying to sell and even though I hate having to do this I am so thankful that God is already on day 4 letting us have 2 offers on our home. We are still unsure if they are going to go through or not but it is testimony to the fact that God is watching out for our needs. I also feel peace where before was only turmoil. Whatever the future holds as long as God is holding our future I am safe.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Hannah...
So I have looked at her blog before and didn't realize that Stellan was sick again. I have been praying for them like crazy. I can't believe the strength of that woman. If that was me I would be in shambles. It definetly makes you look at life with your own little ones differently. Say hi to Kari for me if you talk to her, See you around, Lisa A.

Leah said...

Amen!!

Isn't it amazing how He gives us the ability to look through His lens when we pray for His eyes?! And it just kind of sneaks up on us...

I can see the difference in you already, Hannah.

I hope you get to help that lady and baby out and become friends!

Love you!