Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dallas trip

Joel and I took an impromptu trip to Dallas Texas this past weekend. We drove all the way there. It was a long haul but we enjoyed ourselves. We went down for a job interview for Joel and made it into a trip too so if we don't take the job we atleast saw the city.


Driving into Texas
Joel at the Lexus dealership. They are rated #2 in the nation

A McDonalds shaped like a happy meal. I have never seen one like this before
Our awesome hotel. We stayed at a 4 star hotel called Le Meridian. It is usually 250.00 per night but we booked it on hotwire and got it for 59.00. We had a top floor room and it was great.





















We went to a place called Gator's for lunch and had some southern treats. Fried green tomatoes and alligator.





me eating alligator











Joel eating alligator
































Our hilite of the trip was the Segway tour we did. For 2 1/2 hours we rode these all around downtown Dallas and saw the sights.
























































The window that is partially open on the right is the one that Lee Harvey Oswald shot out of






























































































JFK Memorial




















Joel being funny-- I think he was trying to be Ace Ventura pet detective!

















We also went to Medieval Times and saw a dinner show. It was very entertaining.









































































































































6 comments:

The Kruchowski's said...

Looks like fun Hannah! Nice you guys got to get away together- somehing every couple needs! Are you thinking og moving there if Joel gets offered the job?

Sara said...

Looks like fun Hannah! I did have to laugh about the segway tour though...nothing about that say's "tourist" ;)

Linda said...

It looks like you had fun. I don't think I could ride one of those segway's for 2 1/2 hours. Give a someway to sit and look at the sites. I hope the job comes through for you!

Kathryn said...

It looks like you had a great time! Love all the pictures. :) Did your hotel have an ice skating rink? I think its the same one I stayed in a few years back. How did the interview go and what did you guys think of Texas?

Kara Scharrer said...

Hey Hannah! When does Joel find out about the job? The segways look like so much fun! Glad you guys got away. :)

Leah said...

Hehe! You guys crack me up!!
It does look like you had a great time. I'm so glad you were able to get away like that! Do we know anything about the job yet? I can't wait til I get to finally speak to you!