This was really good as it is exactly how I have been feeling. I guess it is just growing up... Joel and I have several areas where we know God could come through but hasn't in the ways we thought and are now just realizing maybe it is God letting us fail to make us into something more. We are surrending our wills and giving up things we never dreamed possible and trusting God to get us to where he wants us. It's no small task, I can tell you that.
Lent Day 18: The Book of Jonah
God says, you are growing up. You can no longer celebrate My love the way a little boy celebrates the care he receives from a good mother, from a tender woman who provides her child with a nutritious meal and a sweet dessert and then, after an hour of play and reading, tucks him into a warm, comfortable bed with the promise of another fun day tomorrow.
Part of growing up, of seeing Me as I am, tempts My followers to run from Me, to establish a safe distance from the distinctly unsafe and inexplicably disagreeable ways I sometimes involve Myself in the lives of those I love.
You are growing up. Your days of naïve worship and shallow but exciting intimacy areover. It is always difficult for a child to become an adult, to draw close to Me as I AM. You are wrong to demand My cooperation with your understanding of life. Because I love you and because My plans for you are good, I demand your cooperation with Mine. There is no other way to enjoy My Presence.
I left Jonah with the same question I now ask you: when your life hits a bump that I could smooth but don't, will you continue to think I should surrender My wisdom to yours and do what you think best?
No comments:
Post a Comment