Monday, March 8, 2010

A recent glimpse into our lives

I'm sorry I don't post as often anymore. Time is fleeting you see.....

I have these two adorable little girls who are almost 5 and 3... and this most perfect little boy- with every blink is getting older... this Friday will make 8 weeks...

8 amazing weeks of getting to know him...
of sharing him with those I love....





of gazing into his perfect, beautiful, baby blue eyes.





and of him getting to know us-- (here he is smiling at my mom)


I just am trying to savor every moment because my world feels like it is spinning so fast...


I love seeing him in his daddy's arms. Joel is wonderful with him. This is Kenan's favorite sleeping/pooping position...






I never grow tired of this...




This was his first time in his crib. He loved his mobile.








So-- that is what is new with us. We are just trying to enjoy every moment, knowing before we realize it they will be grown up and gone. :-(
Did you notice the big girl undies on Emily in the top picture? We are forcing potty-training. She is going to be 3 next month and has NO interest in going to the bathroom. Whenever we ask her why she won't go on the big toilet she says, "because, I don't want to." So-- we put on the big undies yesterday and we had two accidents, she hates getting her hair washed so we told her that when she has an accident she has to have a bath and the bath will entail having her hair washed. After that she has gone in the toilet. Still haven't dealt with the poop issue yet. She did that yesterday before we did the big undies and today she hasn't yet. I have a feeling she is holding it until we put her diaper back on for bed tonight. She had a dry diaper this morning when she woke up so so far everything that happened today has been in the toilet- yeah Emily.
That is all for now-- I better get back to childrearing..







3 comments:

Sara said...

Andrew STILL holds the poo in and is scared to do that on the toilet. Hopefully Emily will pick up on it quick!

Kathryn said...

Good job Emily! I cant believe how big Kenan got! Wow....I need to see him again while hes still little. :)

Leah said...

You're so funny, giving us all the pooey details :)I'm so proud of her, though! Stubborn little thing :)

Kenan gets more and more gorgeous by the day!!! And my niecies' beauty makes my heart ache!!

Love love love my Kopkies!