Wednesday, March 17, 2010

homemade deodorant

I cringe every morning when I put deodorant on. Most days I try to use all natural lotion instead just because I hate the aluminum that is used in deodorant. Have you ever noticed as you read the side of the stick that it says if you have kidney issues consult a physician. I've always thought that if you have to consult a physician for something you are just putting on the outside of your body that can't be good.

I found this great deodorant recipe here. I have used it for 5 days now and am loving it. I have even been running with it. I reapply after running but it stays on great and I really love it!

I mixed 2 Tbls of cornstarch with 2 Tbls of baking soda and then I mixed in extra virgin coconut oil until it was a pasty consistency. I then pushed it into an empty deodorant container and store it in my fridge. I really love this stuff!

Oh... I also added a few drops of tea tree oil for it's antibacterial properties.

No comments: