Friday, March 12, 2010

Lent Day 21: The Book of Malachi


God says, I have chosen you to be part of My plan to restore this earth to its full beauty and My people to their full beauty. Your calling is to reveal My love.

You show contempt for My name when you treat Me as though I were a vending machine stocked with sweets that temporarily satisfy. You weary Me with your idea that people enjoying the pleasant life of prosperity and peace are the real winners. Every moment spent in seizing pleasure is a moment with your back to Me.

Turn toward yourself, live for satisfaction and fullness now, and you will lose yourself. Turn toward Me, sacrifice your pleasure for Mine, and you will find Me. You will find purpose now and joy forever.

I have loved you. I love you still. Beneath your darkness, disillusionment, and doubts, you long to know Me, to serve Me, to honor My name, to wait for Me as My prisoner of hope. That delights Me.

You are My treasure.

No comments: