Emily Faith Kopkie
8 lbs 9oz 20 inches long
born April 7th 2007 at 10:30 am
"God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer" Psalm 66:19
Here is Abby's first look at her. She got to the hospital around noon so Emily was an hour and a half old. Abby loved her instantly. My mom was on the phone with my dad telling him all about Emily in this picture. He called right as my mom came in the room.

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT--- It truly was. With Abby I was in so much pain and exhausted to the core (after 36 1/2 hours of natural labor and 4th degree tearing). Emily on the other hand was 18 hours and I had an epidural and I only had 2nd degree tearing. Her birth was amazing. I remember it all vividly and I videotaped it. I love that first moment you see them. There is nothing like it. How can people not admit there is a God when they have gone through this?!!

Emily's birth announcement photos. See that slight smile on her face. She has always been a smiler.
Our first family photo
First day home. Abby wanted to "hold you baby" all the time
Sleeping together- she slept in bed with me every night we were in the hospital. I loved having her right there. So precious. I would just lay awake and watch her. My precious baby girl.
Emily after her first sponge bath--only 2 hours old.

Our first family photo

First day home. Abby wanted to "hold you baby" all the time

Sleeping together- she slept in bed with me every night we were in the hospital. I loved having her right there. So precious. I would just lay awake and watch her. My precious baby girl.

Emily after her first sponge bath--only 2 hours old.

Look at all those rolls. She has always been chubby
Sis kisses
First Smiles
First smiles
Sisterly Love

Sis kisses

First Smiles

First smiles

Sisterly Love

Emily-- she loves watching her crib mobile
Emily
Me and Emily June 07
Me and Leah with the girls
Joel feeding Emily her first bottle.

Emily

Me and Emily June 07

Me and Leah with the girls

Joel feeding Emily her first bottle.

Feeding Emily baby cereal for the 1st time 4 mo--
Emily's smile
Joel with both his girls
The girls July 07
Sweet Emily
Crossing the Mississippi
Swimming
Our family labor day 07

Emily's smile

Joel with both his girls

The girls July 07

Sweet Emily

Crossing the Mississippi

Swimming

Our family labor day 07

Emily's first Halloween
Our 2007 Christmas Picture
Auntie Leah with the girls before she left for England.
All bundled up

Our 2007 Christmas Picture

Auntie Leah with the girls before she left for England.

All bundled up

Her smile just lights up my life
My little piggy
Playing in the corn kernels
Another one I liked
Our 2007 Christmas picture

My little piggy

Playing in the corn kernels

Another one I liked

Our 2007 Christmas picture

Auntie Leah when she suprised us and came home in December. 
Emily adoring Grandpa K.
Our family at Christmas
Uncle Josh and Emily

Emily adoring Grandpa K.

Our family at Christmas

Uncle Josh and Emily

Auntie Leah enjoying her girls last day she saw them in January. I don't know when we will get to see her again. :-(
Sisters
Sofia Halvorson and baby "Emmy". Sofia has always been wonderful to her.

Grandpa P with his granddaughters
Emily's first Christmas

Sisters
Sofia Halvorson and baby "Emmy". Sofia has always been wonderful to her.
Grandpa P with his granddaughters

Emily's first Christmas

Such a sweetheart
In the wagon-- She loves being outside
Riding her horse. She loves it.
Emily standing in her crib. She just started doing that in March.
What a big girl now. I am even more in love with her now!!
Happy 1st Birthday my sweet Emily. Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for the gift of you. May you grow to a be daughter of his who loves him more than anything!!

In the wagon-- She loves being outside

Riding her horse. She loves it.

Emily standing in her crib. She just started doing that in March.

What a big girl now. I am even more in love with her now!!
Happy 1st Birthday my sweet Emily. Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for the gift of you. May you grow to a be daughter of his who loves him more than anything!!
2 comments:
Hannah! I bawled through your whole post! I'm so thankful for Emily too. You truly are a blessed mom, with two beautiful girls.
Thank you Kara-- You are always such an encouragment. You sure are blessed too with little Maida. I just wish we were closer so we could do more things. At least we get to stay close by blogging.
Post a Comment