Tuesday, April 22, 2008

work

Joel brought the girls into Applebees lastnight while I was working and it was so hard. Emily had her arms up wanting me to hold her every time I walked by and then would cry when I couldn't. Abby wanted me to be with them too and kept asking if she could follow me. Thank goodness it was a slow night and I was actually cut too but I still had a table there that I was taking care of. It is so hard to not be able to go to your babies. It defies all my motherly instincts. It was nice of him to come in but he just isn't going to be able to do that. They waited until I was done and then sat and ate with me. The kids didn't get to bed until 9:30 lastnight which is way too late for us. We usually have them in bed at 7, 8 at the latest. The other waitresses and my managers had fun talking with the girls. Emily is such a friendly little thing. I am so blessed to have these little girls. I love them so much.
Yesterday we rollerbladed to the park and Emily loved the rocks. She didn't want to swing or go down the slides just play in the little rock pebbles that cover the ground of the whole park.
We are going to bike to the bank in a little bit. I am going to look like an idiot because I am going to bike up to the drive-thru window to make my deposits. I don't want to get the girls out of the bike trailer to bring them in. Too much work. I am sure they will be laughing at me but I have to do what is easiest for me right?!! :-)
It looks like this weekend it is supposed to be nice during the day on Sat. hopefully we can get our garden ready, then it is going to rain in the late aft. and evening (just in time for me to go to work and hopefully be busy.) It is always a lot busier when it is raining. If I am there I want it busy so I can make some tips. Then it is going to rain all day Sunday which is a bummer as we have so much to get done. We need to hang a storm door which we have heard from neighbors is a 5-6 hour project. Joel was also going to build me some shelves- which he could maybe still do. Otherwise- We wanted to do something fun. We only get one day off together every two weeks. Isn't that pathetic!!! This Sunday is that day so we want to do something fun as a family and if it is going to be rainy maybe the zoo would be perfect. They have a huge indoor area and last year when we went it was raining so there was hardly any people there. It was perfect. I also need to get to Ikea to get a kids craft table and a few other things. I am going to leave a table set up in my kitchen and keep switching out different things to do on it. One week will be playdough- the next week will be food coloring in bottles that Abby can make creations with, the next week will be paint, then we can do different shaped noodles and glue and beads for bracelets and necklaces. ect... It will just be something else to do besides toys all the time. My friend does it and I really like the idea. Abby really likes doing things by herself so she will love it.

No comments: