Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Twins tickets and a dr. visit

Last night at work I won 4 front row twin tickets. They are for Sat. night May 10th. I was super excited because I never win anything. The timing of it isn't the greatest though because we are having Abby's birthday party the next day and when she went to bed I needed to decorate the house and get ready for that. Today one of the girls I work with called and she said she would pay 75.00 for the tickets plus give me 10 free tickets to the movie theatre. I took her up on it. How great to have 5 free dates. Not totally free because we will still have to pay a sitter but the movies are always so expensive and it is definetely something Joel and I enjoy. The 75.00 will be nice too. It can help pay for Abby's parties we are having. We have one on the 11th with family. There will be 15-17 people here for lunch. Then on Tuesday (her actual birthday) we will do something as a family. On Thursday the 15th we are taking 3 of her best friends and going swimming at the Community Center and then out for pizza. My friends are coming along so it will just be a mother/daughter thing. We are so excited about all of it. Every day I hear about her birthday parties and who is coming. She is such a social little girl. So anyway-- That was fun. Applebees does a lot of prizes. On Sat. night whoever sold the most fiesta items got a free dinner at the end of their shift. I was 2nd up-- I missed it by 5 pts. It really keeps the atmosphere fun though. Joel is putting in his two week notice at Sears today. I am so excited to have him home more. It is really ideal that he just works the one job. He is going to stay on the payroll and work when needed. He may have to start again in the fall when Lexus slows down again. He has had the opportunity to stay late there a lot and never can because he is rushing home for me to get to work or he has to head to Sears so this will give him a little more flexiblity there. I can also pick up an extra night a week if needed.

I had to make an unwanted trip to the dr. yesterday. It was 1 1/2 before I had to leave for work and I wasn't at all ready yet. Abby shoved a sequin up her nose and I couldn't see it but she kept complaining about it. She is quite the child. First off, a broken arm at 15 mo. and now this. I kept thinking how am I going to explain her to the dr. She is just Abby- what can I say. The dr. couldn't see it and he thinks it must have went all the way back and she swallowed it. I am supposed to watch her and if she still complains than I have to bring her to an ear, nose and throat specialist. If she starts to get a cough I have to bring her in for an x-ray to see if it
lodged in her trachea. That is a worst case scenario though and highly unlikely he said. So that is my drama from yesterday. Then I got home got ready with crying kids and my babysitter didn't show. I called her after 5 min passed and she had forgotten about it. I made it to work with one minute to spare before being late.

Here are some recent pictures





The girls at their craft table. Emily loves it too.
See all of Abby's gear- there are elbow pads on too. She loves to wear it all.
Abby painting

Emily tried to get in on some of it too but just kept sticking her finger in the paint and licking it. Thank goodness it is non toxic.
She just has to do everything Abby does. I can't believe she is old enough to be this way already. I just had her didn't I?!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these photos.
Look how Emmy is just into absolutely everything with Abby!
Does Abby get annoyed with having her right there into everything?
Oh, I miss them....