I was able to go to a Beth Moore convention this weekend. What a blessing this lady is. For those of you who have never heard of her you should really get a bible study she has written. It will change your life forever. Her message this time was being stuck between a rock and a hard place. She talked about God disciplining us as his children. The word discipline in the bible is taken from the greek word Paideuo which is from the form peis which means child. So it literally means to parent a child- to make the lesson well taught. I just thought it was so cool that God really loves us like we love our children. Even more than we love our children. How amazing. Any of you who know me know how much I love my kids and would do anything for them. How much more will God do for us. It is unfathomable. That is why when we are out of line with his will we have to be disciplined. God just loves us way too much to let us get away with it.
Another little thing I like was the definition of righteousness; A right heart that makes right decisions. That is what I want!!
Thank you mom for the ticket to come. I really enjoyed it. Her convention was Friday night and Saturday morning. On Sunday morning at church our pastor did an amazing sermon on pretty much the same things she taught. Talk about driving the point home. He also talked to our men telling them they need to step it up. So much christian responsibility has been given over to the women. We stay home so we pray with the kids and teach the kids bible stories. We get together with other women for bible studies and prayer time. We volunteer at church but what are the men doing. It was a great point! God is up to something here and I can't wait! Thank you all for being such blessings to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment