For I am the Lord your God, who stirs up the sea, causing its waves to roar. My name is the Lord Almighty. I have put my words in your mouth and hidden you safely within my hand. I set all the stars in space and established the earth. I am the one who says, you are mine! Isaiah 51:15-16
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Prayers Please
For the last 6 years now I have been dealing with blood in my urine. My original doctor who found it sent me to a uroligist. The uroligist said because of my age and the fact the blood was just trace- he didn't see a need to perform this rather painful procedure so he sent me on my way and told me if it ever became more than trace to come back. After having Abby it started being more than trace and my doctors kept telling me I should go and have it worked up but I kept putting it off saying it was nothing. Lately, I have been really, really tired and I even wake up at night 1 or 2 times just to go pee. I also for the last year have had lots of abdominal cramping and low back pain but it just comes and goes and I have blamed it all on hormones. I went to the dr. yesterday to see if it could be my thyroid but all that came back normal but the blood in my urine is still there and he strongly recommended I go and get tested for bladder cancer. My first thought was fine I will do it just to be reassured it is nothing. The procedure is not going to be fun- they insert a camera up my urethra. Since my first thought I have done some research on bladder cancer and come to find out that one of the risk factors for getting it is being around "hair dresser supplies"- the way the national cancer institute put it. The color that I have used for the last 8 years actually causes bladder cancer. That made me more than a little worried. My dr. first started noticing blood in my urine after I had been doing hair for 1 1/2 years. It has now been over 5 years since we first were noticing it so that has me really worried. We could have caught it right away had that uroligist not sent me away 5 years ago. I am just praying I don't have it and would covet all your prayers too. I go to the urologist on July 31st. for the cytoscopic procedure. It would explain a lot of things if I did have it because of these reoccuring headaches and just the way I have felt since having Emily especially. I kept feeling like my body was trying to tell me something and I didn't know what it was. I am just asking God to let it be kidney stones or anything other than cancer. I am trying not to worry but anyone who knows me knows how hard that is. I am wondering what God is wanting to teach me through this. In the meantime, I have 3 weeks to wait and keep giving it to him because whether it is there or not my worrying can't change a thing. I will keep you all posted when I know something. Thank you in advance for your prayers- They mean everything!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You've brought me to tears!!!! What a terrible thing for you to be going through, I can not even imagine! I am so much like you, a worrier, that I think I would physically be ill for the next 3 weeks! Can't they get you in sooner? Thoughts, love and prayers of you and your family! Jess:)
Thanks Jess- I am feeling quite ill. I keep feeling sick to my stomach and I have to remind myself it is just stress. The dr. just called and my urine results came back and they were fine. There is no explanation other than for something to be wrong with my bladder and the bladder cancer makes perfect sense although I am totally praying it is wrong and just a fluke. Thanks for your prayers.
Oh, please be a fluke!!
Post a Comment