Thursday, July 10, 2008

Futility

A really sweet girl from my work just died this week. She was in an accident and ejected from her car. She was one of my first friends at work. Her name is Laura and she was only 20.
I just don't understand why God would allow this happen. What was the point. It is really sad. There are a lot of really confused people at work right now so I am hoping I can be a witness through this. Pray for me-

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I'm not. I am just wondering why things like this happen. I know he has reasons for everything. I just wish I could understand them.

Anonymous said...

Oh Hannah, I'm sorry :(

But I have to agree that anonymous has a point... God has allowed evil and suffering to run its course for a grand purpose at the end, but in the meantime, He'll make good from the bad. It's His nature to redeem... Trust Him. You won't be disappointed.

I'll be praying for you at work!
Love you

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss. It's really hard and painful to say goodbye to people we love and care about. I'll pray for your heart to heal as you grieve the loss of your friend.

Anonymous said...

Proverbs 25:20 “Like one who takes away a garment on a cold day, or like vinegar poured on soda, is one who sings songs to a heavy heart.”

How comfortable are you when someone you love is sad with a heavy heart?

Do you attempt to quickly fix it because their sadness makes you uncomfortable?

Jesus took a trip from heaven to earth to die on the cross for out sins.

You might look at it as a trip into pain. He entered in.

Into hunger, loneliness, abuse, ridicule, rejection, betrayal, temptation, fear, and ultimately death. He entered the pain to offer healing.

May you heal....