It seems all I have been doing lately is waiting. It has been weeks now since I started having signs of labor and my body started getting ready. I have never had this with the girls so I just thought with his size and all that he was going to be very early, so did the dr. Well, his due date is now only 2 days away and my arms are still empty. Considering his sister's both came early and he is going later has been kind of a shock to me. I really didn't plan for this. I am learning to trust God with his perfect timing and just try to rest in the meantime. I was all set to induce this Friday, which anyone who knows me knows that isn't me. I am very into your body doing what it is going to do when it is going to do it. I felt so sick about it on Thursday night that I called a nurse at the hospital and she actually advised me not to go through with it. There were several factors leading to the induction but nothing medically necessary. The fact he is very large is a concern and also my dr. is now out of town all this week so he was going to do it before he left. Now I have no clue who will be delivering this big boy but I know God does so I can rest comfortably in that.
I may still end up being an induction if he won't leave his little peaceful abode, but at least I will wait as long as we think safe before doing that. I have faith he will come on his own soon. I am so anxious to meet him and gaze upon him and count his fingers and toes and run my fingers through his hair (I'm assuming he will have hair- we'll see), if not his big bald head. He will be beautiful, as all of God's creations are. It is so amazing to me that before the beginning of time God predestined for him to be ours and he knew exactly what day he would come and what he would look like and even what we will name him. (We still aren't sure yet.)
So- the waiting continues but it won't be forever. He will come soon. I am telling myself that over and over these days. When he does come it will be God's perfect timing for our son's life to begin with us. I just can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment