Thursday, January 7, 2010

book review



My husband and I just had the privilege of attending a love and respect seminar a few months back. It really enlightened us as to how to make our relationship excel. I was very pleased when I found I could review The Language of Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.

Dr. Emerson does a great job at teaching a husband how to love his wife and a wife how to respect her husband. He shows the miscommunication we all face when trying to bring two people who think very differently together. He teaches the value of how to "decode" what the other person has said before letting it get to you. I was relieved when I finally found someone who understands marriage and is able to effectively who teach others how to understand it too.

This book has inspired me to show respect to my husband whether or not he always deserves it because that is what God has commanded us to do. I am excited now to implement different ways to let my husband know I appreciate him and all he stands for. Dr. Emerson's advice of remembering your spouse is good-willed and doesn't set out to do you harm was crucial for me. Knowing he is good-willed helps me to let things slide and not become so sensitive.
I strongly recommend this book for every marriage. We can all benefit from the powerful practices described in this book. To purchase a copy for yourself you can visit here, or to preview the book you can look here.

No comments: