Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Blessed

I have to admit. I have been a little jealous of Joel lately. I know that sounds crazy with him working two jobs and not being able to see his kids very often but instead of me getting a server job he is going to and I was really looking forward to that. I didn't realize how much I wanted to until now when we decided I wasn't going to. I applied at 4 places and noone out in this area is hiring. For me to drive into the cities would be hard with the timing of Joel's job ect.. He really wants to be a server and is excited about it. I really had to check my attitude because I was starting to feel resentful. Here I am cooped up with kids all day and have whole days of not seeing an adult and he gets to go and have lots of interaction and never be bored. How horrible is that thinking-- Here I am the blessed one. I am doing a job that is the most important I will ever do and I know someday I will miss it immensely. I really do feel my place is at home taking care of my girls. I also feel Joel's job is training them too but his main job as a man is to provide and that is what makes him feel like a man so he is just doing what is natural to him. I really now just feel so grateful to him that he allows me to stay home and doesn't even want me to work. He would really rather do it. What an amazing guy. How could I ever be in want of anything more. Not only does he work two jobs but he still manages to satisfy his wife and train his children. I am very blessed!!

2 comments:

Kara Scharrer said...

Hey Hannah! Hang in there! I know that it's hard some days, being a stay-home mom, but we are doing the BEST for our children. In 20 years from now, you'll look back on this and wonder where all the years went. Cherish each moment with your babies. I have to remind myself to do that daily too. Call whenever want! I'm home all day, everday! :o)

Beth said...

If you find yourself discontent and complaining and feeling the poor me syndrome coming on I think "counting your blessings" ALWAYS works to change your perspective! It was evident in your post that it worked for you too! Keep on keeping on!