Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Blogging

I love this blogging community. I just joined a challenge starting Feb 25th and going until March 25th. It is the green smoothie challenge. If any of you reading this are interested here is the info below- I am excited to get started. I can make myself eat and drink just about anything I am just hoping to get my girls drinking it too.

For 30 days beginning on February 25, you will commit to this ONE THING:
Drink a 16 oz. of green smoothie each day…preferably for breakfast. I HIGHLY recommend getting the book “Green For Life” by Victoria Boutenko. It’s a quick read and it has lots of yummy smoothie recipes in it. Check out her website too!
That’s it! You don’t even need to commit to changing anything else. Just ADD the smoothie. But, for an added bonus, you could add one or more of the following:
Do some sort of activity every day. This could be an intense workout, or just dancing with your kids around the living room. It could be a 15 minute yoga session or a walk around the block.
Add a green leafy salad to your lunch or supper.
Stop drinking pop.
Cut out all white sugar.
All you need is a blender. Add the ingredients, and add water to the thickness you want (usually about 2 cups)….and blend until REALLY smooth. I know you’ll be amazed at how yummy these are…but if you need it sweeter, just up the quanity of fruit.
Here are a few smoothie recipes to get you started:

Mango-parsley2 large mangos1 bunch parsleyWater

Peach-spinach6 peaches2 handfuls of spinach leavesWater

Mango-weeds2 mangos1 handful of lambs quarters, stinging nettles, purslane, etcWater

Strawberry-banana-romaine1-cup strawberries2 bananas1/2 bunch romaineWater

Apple-kale-lemon4 apples1/2 lemon juice4-5 leaves of kaleWater

Kiwi-banana-celery4 very ripe kiwis1 ripe banana3 stalks of celeryWater

Pear-kale-mint4 ripe pears4-5 leaves of kale1/2 bunch of mintWater

Finger banana-spinach10 finger-bananas2 handfuls of spinach leavesWater

Bosc pear-raspberry-kale3 bosc pears1 handful of raspberries4-5 leaves of kaleWater

I KNOW that if you stick with this challenge, you will see a difference in your eating habits and any other issues you might be having right now with your body. If you are going to commit to this challenge…just leave a comment below. On March 25, I’ll post again and everyone can leave their follow up post as to how it went. Of course, feel free to tell everyone about it…blog about it…spread the green smoothie LOVE! On February 25, I will write a post to launch the Challenge and maybe have a cool prize drawing or something.
http://happyfoody.wordpress.com/2008/02/13/the-happy-foody-green-smoothie-challenge/

No comments: