Monday, November 3, 2008

Men

On Saturday morning Joel let me sleep in so I took my time about getting up and waited about an hour after everyone else had gotten up. Whenever I sleep in I always just sit at the top of the stairs once I get up and watch my family playing in the living room for awhile. I wait until they notice me and come running to the steps with thier big huge smiles. So precious. This particular morning Abby noticed me right away and came running over. I immediatly noticed her blankie looked like it had poop on it. Her p.j.'s too looked all spotted and gross. Then I looked at her hair and there were chunks in it. I went and looked in Abby's room and sure enough there was throw-up all over. It was on her floor and in her bed. Even in her dora chair at the foot of her bed. It was all dried by now and she never woke up or came and got us and in fact she doesn't even remember doing it. The thing that got me though was how could Joel get up, go in her room and rock her, feed her breakfast and be playing with her and not notice anything. I noticed it within a second of looking at her. Men--- they sure don't notice the obvious.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Joe told me that one morning he actually got the the garage door and was going to get in the car and go to work, when he noticed he wasnt wearing any pants. MEN! So oblivious to the world but you have to love them. :)

Linda said...

Can't live with them; can't live without them!

gladtommygabby said...

My gosh.....sounds like something that would happen at m house too! Anybody else get sick yet? I know it's already going around.....ahhh, it's only a matter of time. Good ol' fall and winter just loves to bring the sicknesses with it!

Deb said...

Was Joel wearing his glasses? ; )