Monday, November 10, 2008

Song

In the movie fireproof they had the song from Casting Crowns called "Slow Fade" as thier main song. I really like this song. It is so true. People gradually fade from God, and thier marriages it doesn't just happen in one day. What a thing to watch for in our lives. Satan is real and when he sees growth he wants to try to stop it. We really need to protect our marriages. Joel and I have been feeling way more strain than we ever have before and I know it is because we are both growing spiritually. God is calling us deeper and we have been praying together and Satan hates to see that. It really is a battle. I am going to overcome though. Jesus was an overcomer and he already conquered the world.

John 16:33"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

What a comforting verse. It isn't our job to take on the whole world. Jesus already did that. It is our job to walk in his footsteps, and lead people to him.
Guard your hearts and keep pressing on!

Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

Take the time to really listen to song #1 on my playlist. Let the words of slow fade sink in and think about your life. Are you slowly fading? Are little sins that seem like they don't matter entering in and you aren't even realizing it? Pray about it. I have found that in my quiet times when I ask God to reveal things to me half the time I didn't even realize it was a sin I was harboring in my heart.

No comments: