I have had this mental picture lately and it has really meant a lot to me. The other day while I was driving, Emily fell asleep and just looking at her peaceful little face despite the stress I was feeling made me think of God. We are to just sleep peacefully knowing it isn't in our hands. If we could just have the trust that children do. They sleep in spite of what is going on around them. They are at peace. Abby and Emily don't worry about a thing. How they will get their next meal or where they will sleep. They just know it will be provided for them. That is the security I want in my heavenly Father. Knowing He will take care of us. It was just a great illustration for me at this financially stressful time in our lives. God will provide. It might be different than what we are asking for or expecting. We may lose our house, we may lose our jobs, but we won't lose each other and we won't lose God.
Everything will be just fine!
No comments:
Post a Comment