Saturday, August 29, 2009

Baby boy

I feel my little boy move all the time now. I love the feeling of having life inside you and the little kicks serve as a reminder to me what I am doing and he really is in there. When the pregnancy ends, that is what I miss. That feeling of everywhere I go I have life in me. It is so amazing.

It is a different feeling you have carrying a boy. I just think of him differently than I did the girls. I have some apprehension not knowing what to expect with a boy. We have been raising two girls and they aren't destructive at all. I have seen some very, very busy little boys and I am kind of wondering what I might be getting into. We won't even mention the whole different genital part and the care that comes with that. I guess I feel like I know how to do girls. I know God wanted us to have him though and he will give us all the grace and guidance we need for this little boy. It really is exciting for us! Joel has already made him a little boy fretwork plaque that is adorable. Our family dynamic is about to change soon. It will change for the better.

Now if we could just come up with a good name. Joel is turning all of mine down, on purpose I think, and coming up with awful ones like Walker and Cordell. (He is a big fan of walker texas ranger) I am not about to have a son called Cordell so we would love name suggestions. We are looking for something unique that you don't hear all the time and yet normal that he won't get teased for. I would love to see what you guys come up with. You never know-- You might just hear it on our little boy! :-)

3 comments:

The Kruchowski's said...

Hey Hannah- cute post! Just remember that God only gves you what you can handle! You can do it! Having 2 older sisters that are well behaved will give your little boy a lot of guidance as he looks up to them! I m SO SO excited for you!! Take care :)

Linda said...

Oh, how exciting. The only advice I would give is love and cuddle him, oh, and have a washcloth handy when you change his diaper!

Names can be so challenging...you don't want one that can be made fun of, or too popular, or too weird, or whatever. I have 2 sons...Phillip, called Phil, and Joshua, called Josh. Have fun with your naming rights!

Kara Scharrer said...

I love being pregnant and miss that feeling of life inside me. It is so awesome the way God designed it.

As far as a name goes, I only have one suggestion... JACK. I think Jack is the cutest boy name ever. Love it!

I can relate to being a little nervous about having a boy after having girls. I was sooooooo nervous for Skogen to come since I had NO idea how to mother a boy. I made Erik or the nurses change every single diaper in the hospital, and for the first week at home until I got used to it. Now, seven months later, it's just as natural as having a girl. (However, there are still things that happen sometimes that I just let Erik deal with...) You'll do fine as a mom to a boy, though. You are a wonderful mother.

Thanks for sharing all of your thoughts and special moments on your blog. I love keeping up with you this way.