Ok-
I have to tell you all the whole story with this one. You see, I always knew it was a boy. God let me know it ahead of time. It really is pretty amazing. Even yesterday when we went for the ultrasound I told Joel I don't even need to find out I KNOW it is a boy. So.... here's the story.
For 6 months before conceiving this one I wasn't ovulating and sometimes not even menstruating. I was starting to get worried I would never get to have another child. One night as I was laying awake in bed I just started asking God to bless me with another child soon and to please, if it would be right for us, have it be a boy.
Well, that very next month I was feeling really funny and figured I was pregnant so I took a test. It was negative. 5 nights later in a dream I dreamt I took a test and it was positive and it was a boy. I actually had a dental appt. that day and knew I would be getting x-rays so I thought well the dream just seemed so real I might as well just try another test. It was positive. I took another one; it too was positive. I knew that if God would let me conceive so quickly it would also be a boy. A few weeks later I was starting to wonder if I could be so sure and maybe it was another girl and then God gave me another dream telling me it was a boy. Around that time my mom called and said she had a dream it was a boy and my little brother Caleb called and told me he changed his mind from us having 3 little girls and thinks it is another boy. He has been right with every single baby born. He likes to think it is his gift. Around 6 weeks ago I had yet another dream it was a boy. I have had so many different symptoms of this pregnancy too. It is amazing how different it is to carry a boy than a girl. A lot of things are the same too but in my experience I prefer carrying a boy. There are some perks!! In effort to keep my blog G-rated I won't go into that. :-)
I would have been just as happy to learn it was another girl too. It is just, Joel really wants to be done and I felt if it was a girl my family wouldn't be complete before I could have a son. I still don't feel done and I really hope and pray Joel changes his mind so I can have one more but I am so thankful for what I have and if this is it, I can be OK with that. I always wanted a large family. 4 was my absolute minimum and 8was my maximum. I would still love to have 6 kids but with finances what they are that is really unrealistic. Doctors told me I would never be able to conceive on my own and I have 3 times so I have already defied the odds. God had different plans and I am soo glad he did. Like I said, I feel blessed beyond measure!!!!
2 comments:
i'm so happy for you, Hannah!
Congratulations, Joel & Hannah ~ That is very exciting news!! Thanks for sharing it with us = )
Post a Comment