Another year has come and gone and as I think of the goals we would like for 2010, I also wanted to reflect on 2009. It is amazing how much more quickly the years go when I am in the midst of child raising. The years make such a difference when it is 2 going on 3 and 4 going on 5 and baby going on 1 ect..... I know any parent would agree this precious time just goes by way too quickly.
As I sit here reflecting on 2009 I am so thankful for all that we have learned on this crazy journey called life. Some things were fun and others not so much but all are shaping me into who God would want for me to be.
Just last night while watching Beth Moore she was talking about God sifting us like wheat. Although we would never asked to be sifted, (it is painful), it is instrumental to our walk with the Lord and where and how He is going to use us. As I look back I do consider this year to be a big sifting year for us. We have walked a difficult path with our house and learning how to trust. As marriage partners Joel and I put unfair needs on one another that neither one of us could carry. We have learned to give what we can't do on our own to the Lord rather than pushing them onto one another. What a valuable lesson that has been. I am so thankful for my man and love him more than ever. He is very full of goodwill and he works so hard for us. He sacrifices a lot for me to mainly stay at home and raise our children and live out my dream and God's passion for me.
I really think 2009 was a growing and stretching year. I don't know yet what God is growing and stretching us for but just the fact that my husband is doing Bible Studies with me is evidence of this fact. God is blessing us with another baby (really soon), and we once again get to jump in to the joys and trials that raising our children in a Godly manner bring. Watching Abigail learn and understand more and more of God and who He is and what He plans is truly incredible as a parent. Joel and I are amazed that a child so deep could come from us! :-) God has a lot in store for her and our Emmy. And we just pray they live up to their calling and make the right choices in life. There is just nothing more rewarding than watching your children grow in the knowledge of God and choose Him and His ways. I am so proud of them!
So join in with me for 2010 in - taking every opportunity to trust more and believe We are who God says we are and we can do what God says we can do and He is who He says He is!
1 comment:
Thank you for sharing this post, Hannah! It's so good to read. I am so thankful for all that He's doing in you and for you. I know it's been such a rough ride, but He is so worth it all...
Love you! I pray 2010 is your best year yet ;)
p.s. I don't think you mean to use the word "detrimental". It basically means, 'negative'. Maybe you meant Instrumental??
Post a Comment